Playing the Short Game: Library workshop series in 2022
I'll be giving a series of three workshops in early 2022 via Zoom covering my writer's guide, Playing the Short Game: How to Market & Sell Short Fiction. The workshops are free and sponsored by the Richmond Hill Public Library of York Region and will be offered the first Thursday evening of March, April, and May (Mar 3, Apr 7, and May 5) from 7:30-9:00pm.
Topics covered in workshop #1 (March 3, 2022) include:
- The benefits of writing short fiction
- Avoiding traps for the beginner
- Understanding rights and licensing for short fiction
- Finding short fiction markets
- Selecting the right market for your story
- Submitting short fiction to a market
- What not to do when submitting
- What to do after submitting
If you're interested, go here to register ahead of time. Note that you'll be registering for all the Jan-Mar workshops offered by the library. They're all free, and you don't need to attend any other workshop (but you're welcome to).
Registration links for workshops #2 and #3 are not yet available, but I'll post here when they are. I look forward to seeing you there.